The Smart Home Management System is an open-source, modular, wired, and affordable software and hardware platform for automating a home, building, or district.
The solution enables remote control of home appliances and engineering systems: check the temperature in the house, turn on heating or air conditioning, household appliances, or security systems. Also, the application displays a detailed summary of the operation of the module (lighting, heating, climate control, ventilation, security system) and keeps track of electricity, water, gas consumption, and more. Besides, the user can set cost limits of necessary parameters.
A complex intelligence solution helps to unite all of your home devices in one application so that the user can easily and conveniently use the “smart home” on a daily basis.
Also maybe interesting:
What Was Done
Our specialists developed backend functionality (including transferring part of the system to the API) and frontend part for the web application, as well as tested and corrected bugs in the existing system.
In order to create a solution that will fully meet the customer's requirements, we did the following:
- Developed and adjust backend functionality
- Developed frontend functionality for the web application
- Created the ability to control home devices from the phone: turn on and off lights, heating, water, climate control, ventilation, smart outlets
- Design a summary of the modules' operation (temperature in the room, lights on, home appliances on, etc.)
- Created electricity, water, gas, heat metering
- Created dashboard for data visualization
- Testing solution and bug fixes and etc.
Project team: 3 developers, 1 PM.
Technology: Python, Django, Django Rest Framework, PostgreSQL, Celery, Redis