A full-fledged social network for travelers helps to get inspiration from picturesque landscapes, find like-minded people and cool ideas for exciting activities, keep a diary of adventures and share what you see with friends and family.
The solution was created for a startup and aimed to make the journey comfortable and exciting. The main functions are: the ability to mark places visited, find app users online near you, create photo sets and share photos on social networks. Now the functionality continues to expand.
Was wurde gemacht
The main problem with the project was the use of outdated functionality, which hindered the solution's scalability. Outdated configurations, servers, and modules were difficult to support and maintain.
After the discovery phase we made the following changes:
- Data migration from dev server to the digital ocean to make the solution download faster, minimize breakages, improve support from the provider
- Created a system of version control. This allowed expanding the functionality to get the developers the possibility to work flexibly and create a distributed system for independent work on parts of the application.
- Fixed bugs for the application launch platform (kuber, etc.) to make it easier to work with the program.
We also developed new functionality based on the customer's wishes:
- Support for existing functionality
- Payment systems implementation
- Development of a multi-tenant system
To sum up, we not only make refactoring the system and make it work but also developed new, effective functionality for travelers to make it convenient and affordable for them to use the application in journeys.
Project team: 4 developers, 1PM.
Technologies and tools: Python 2.x, odoo 9, Angular 1.x, JS, Celery, Redis, gitlab ci, Kubernetes.