As we’ll cover some commercial information, I can’t but mention that the budget for such an app is going to be a heavy one. The functionality of a Tinder-clone needs to have relatively complex architecture plus long-term development. If we take just the basic version for one native platform, it might take up around 1000 hours.
These are rough numbers of the most significant cost aspects:
1) App development for either iOS or Android – approximately 1000 hours (and obviously it’ll take twice as much time to build the app for the 2 platforms);
2) Backend – more than 200 hours;
3) Design – about 100 hours;
4) Project Management/Quality Assurance – up to 100 hours.
So roughly the total number is about 1400 hours.
And now the most interesting part that affects us the budget – the rates. As you probably know, the rates for developers vary a lot, from $20 to $160. Let’s take something in between those numbers, for example, $55 per hour. And now simple maths: 1400 hours * $55 per hour = $77,000.
Talking about the development team needed, the members should be:
– 2 Android and 2 iOS developers;
– 2 back-end developers;
– 1 designer;
– 1 project manager;
– 1 or 2 testers.
So, again, the numbers we provide are rough and they can change according to your requirements. In a nutshell, the budget should be:
– Minimum $60,000 – that’s to create a basic app with limited features;
– $77,000 – 85,000 – for the app either on Android or iOS with features Tinder has;
– $150,000 or more – for a multi-platform app with basic features like in Tinder + premium features.
We created a Tinder-like application for one of our Scandinavian Customers, so in case you want to create your own Tinder you can always contact us.